Wednesday, May 14, 2014

God is SO good!!!!

It was 4 months ago today that we found out little Lukey was severely hard of hearing.  His hearing loss was at 90 decibels for high pitch sounds, putting him at the severe to profound hearing loss.  We were told our first option would be a cochlear implant some day.   Our second option was to pray for a miracle.  We were told that he had a lot of fluid in his ear, and with ear tube surgery, his hearing loss could increase as much as 30 decibels.  Our audiologist said this would be a miracle! 

Well... God is good!  Luke and I went in today for his 6 month ABR post-ear tube surgery and his hearing loss is now at 65 decibels, putting him in the moderate to severe range instead.  He is no longer a candidate for cochlear implants, and will be able to hear and understand speech with hearing aids!!!!!  Praise God!  I am overwhelmed and overjoyed by His miracles!

Thank you for your prayers!  Honestly, I don't think I said anything for at least 5 minutes when the audiologist told me the news.  I couldn't process it.  I had been so consumed with organizing appointments and looking at dates to schedule his cochlear implant surgery, that the news didn't seem real.  All I know is I haven't been able to stop smiling all day!  Thank you God for your miracles, and thank you for this miracle in our life.

:) Love, The MN Juliens

3 comments:

Susan Richter said...

Praising God with you!!!! The Richters

Gerry Reason said...

So happy to hear of this very good news for all of you! Kathy and Gerry Reason

Steph Riemer said...

AMAZING!! Such GOOD news.