Wednesday, May 28, 2014

6 month check-up

Lukey Poo had his 6 month check-up today!  :) Like the rest of his check-ups, I completely expected him to be sleeping.... but he surprised us all and was wide awake the entire time.  It was the first time I heard our doctor say, "He looks happy and healthy, AND what beautiful blue eyes (she'd never seen them open!!!)."  I know I don't need the reassurance, but it felt so incredibly good to hear her say that. 

Praises:
-His weight is up to a whopping 10 pounds now!
-He no longer needs to fortify his breast milk bottles anymore
-His head and length are both up
-His spine X-ray came back normal (for the most part)
-He gets to start trying solid foods tonight!
-He started sitting up in the Bumbo seat (with lots of support!)

Again, I have this overwhelming sense of peace and happiness.  I know that I don't need other people to tell me that Luke will be okay, but it sure was a blessing to hear it from our doctor.  When filling out his pre-exam form, they ask you a series of milestone questions, and nearly all of them he hasn't reached yet.  It's hard to go to a doctor's appointment knowing that your son isn't doing what a typical 6 month old is doing. 

On my walk this afternoon, I realized that's okay.  He isn't typical, but I know that he is PERFECT!  I am able to have complete faith that God created him exactly the way he is, to do amazing things in this world, AND I get to be a part of it.  Thank you God for that blessing!!

Lots of love to you all!  I'll post some pictures soon from our camping trip this past weekend! 
The MN Juliens

1 comment:

Auntie Sarah said...

Yay Lukey!!! Praise God!!