Monday, March 10, 2014

Joshua 1:9

 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9                                   

This is one of our favorite verses from GT and the Halo Express, and has been stuck in my head all day. As we navigate these uncertain times, I am constantly reminded that we are not alone. I definitely felt His presence today with me during my first day back at work.  I knew it was going to be emotional, but I also felt a sense of peace knowing that this would allow me to heal.  I had pre-warned my teammates that I would probably cry before and after school, but that I would keep it together for my students.  Seeing my wonderful co-workers and my amazing class of 6th graders was such a gift.  I am so fortunate to be able to teach part-time and also spend part of my week at home with my beautiful kiddos.  I was only able to go back this time around knowing that Luke and James were in such loving care.  Our daycare provider Susie is a blessing.  I know that she not only is good at what she does, but that she loves my children.  When I came to pick the boys up today, I walked in and little Luke look straight at me. It's all I needed to make my day complete. :)

Right now we are in the process of trying to find a good family counselor.  We got a couple recommendations and are always open for suggestions.  We would love to find a Christian counselor who specializes in children with disabilities.  Also, our pediatrician called tonight, and she put in a referral to start PT down at Children's in Minnetonka.  It feels hopeful to start moving forward.

Again, thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! We continue to feel God's loving arms around us.  We know that he purposely placed little Luke in our lives, and we are thankful that he entrusted us, Stefan and Betsy, to be his parents.  Don't get me wrong, it's still really hard, really sad, and feels really discouraging at times!  But we place our full trust and our hearts in our heavenly Father knowing that he has a greater plan for our life, and that plan is better than we could ever imagine.  As long as we continue to trust, live for today and cast our worries to him.

Lots of love! The MN Juliens 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers for you and your family from Summerland. We lift you to the Father often and with great love.
-Heidi Friesen

Anonymous said...

Stefan and Betsy-
Love and Prayers go out to these wonderful parents and family. We have kept in touch with Sue and Warren, and followed your blog. God has a plan for you, you do not know where it will lead, but it is God's plan. You are special and we Love you for this.
Auntie Karen and Uncle Rog, and Jordan